TAMAQUA BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING OF TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2021 AT 7:00 P.M.
- MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- READING OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON AUGUST 17, 2021.
- BOROUGH MANAGER: KEVIN A. STEIGERWALT
* 2021-2022 Insurance Policy Renewal
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: ANN MARIE CALABRESE
* Resolution Approving the 2021 CDBG Program Budget
* Christmas Decorations
- CHIEF OF POLICE: MICHAEL HOBBS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. PARKING & TRAFFIC:
Ritchie Linkhorst – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to prepare and advertise an ordinance prohibiting parking on the east side of Patterson Street across from 32 Patterson Street.
* Motion to approve a handicapped parking space application for 507 North Railroad Street.
* Motion to allow Reading, Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad to use Spruce and Lehigh streets as a detour route when they repair the West Broad Street railroad crossing.
B. NEIGHBORHOODS, DOWNTOWN & HISTORIC DISTRICT:
Jay Hollenbach Jr.– Chairperson
* (See minutes from the HARC meeting held on September 13, 2021.)
C. RECREATION & YOUTH:
Mary Linkevich – Chairperson
* ESRC Resolution
D. PUBLIC SAFETY:
Brian Connely – Chairperson
* Motion to hire Steve Biscardi as a part-time police officer effective immediately.
* Motion to hire Christopher Cordes as a full-time police officer effective immediately.
* Motion to request that the Civil Service Commission conduct a Police Officer exam.
- MAYOR’S REPORT:
Mayor Nathan Gerace
- ANYONE FROM THE FLOOR WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL?
- BOROUGH SOLICITOR: ANTHONY ODORIZZI
- FIRE CHIEF
- CODE ENFORCEMENT AND ZONING OFFICER
- CHIEF OF POLICE
- TAX COLLECTOR
- BOARD OF HEALTH
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- BILLS AND CLAIMS
- NEW BUSINESS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Optional)
(2021 – 2ND WEEK – Amended )