***AMENDED*** Agenda from Council Meeting 10.19.21
TAMAQUA BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING OF TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2021 AT 7:00 P.M.
- MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- READING OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON OCTOBER 5, 2021.
- BOROUGH MANAGER: KEVIN A. STEIGERWALT
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: ANN MARIE CALABRESE
* CRIZ Certification of Local Taxes
- CHIEF OF POLICE: MICHAEL HOBBS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- A. PUBLIC SAFETY:
Brian Connely - Chairperson
* Motion to approve a request to send Officer Andrew Seip to a two-day Standardized Field Sobriety Test training in Lehighton, PA at no cost.
* Motion to approve a request to send Corporal Thomas Rodgers to a one-day Glock Armorer’s Course in Bangor, PA at a cost of $250.00.
B. PARKING & TRAFFIC:
Ritchie Linkhorst – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to adopt an ordinance prohibiting parking on the east side of Patterson Street across from 32 Patterson Street.
* Motion to purchase street name signs for Dutch Hill and East End from U.S. Municipal Supply at a cost of $9,956.57.
* Motion to prepare and advertise an ordinance prohibiting parking on the west side of the 200 block of Rolling Mill Avenue.
* Motion to prepare and advertise an ordinance prohibiting parking on the north side of East Union Street from Rolling Mill Avenue to the end of the garages on East Union Street.
C. FINANCE, WAGE & SALARY:
Ron Bowman – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to hire Tonia L. Collevechio as Borough Secretary/Treasurer Trainee at a salary of $50,000 effective November 8, 2021.
* Motion to reimburse the fire companies and various Borough departments for lost 2020 revenue with funds from the American Rescue Plan Act.
- MAYOR’S REPORT:
Mayor Nathan Gerace
- ANYONE FROM THE FLOOR WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL?
- BOROUGH SOLICITOR: ANTHONY ODORIZZI
- FIRE CHIEF
- CODE ENFORCEMENT AND ZONING OFFICER
- CHIEF OF POLICE
- TAX COLLECTOR
- BOARD OF HEALTH
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- BILLS AND CLAIMS
- NEW BUSINESS
* Motion to approve the transfers of George Herring to Street Department Work Leader, Aaron Coggiano to Street Maintenance/Sweeper Operator and Jeff Hartz to Water Distribution Worker.
* Motion to provide the office staff with $50 toward the purchase of clothing with the Borough logo.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Optional)
* Motion to hold an executive session for personnel matters.