TAMAQUA BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING OF TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2021 AT 7:00 P.M.
- MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- READING OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON OCTOBER 19, 2021.
- BOROUGH MANAGER: KEVIN A. STEIGERWALT
* Bid Results for Heating Oil Contract
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: ANN MARIE CALABRESE
- CHIEF OF POLICE: MICHAEL HOBBS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. PARKING & TRAFFIC:
Ritchie Linkhorst – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to adopt an ordinance prohibiting parking on the west side of the 200 block of Rolling Mill Avenue and the north side of East Union Street from Rolling Mill Avenue to 70 feet east of the intersection.
* Motion to move a handicapped parking sign from 244 Mauch Chunk Street to 11 North Lehigh Street.
B. FINANCE, WAGE & SALARY:
Ron Bowman – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to tentatively adopt and advertise the 2022 Budget
* Motion to advertise the 2022 Tax Ordinance setting the real estate tax rate at 23.50 mills with 21.90 mills for General Purposes, 1 mill for the Building and Equipment Fund, 0.50 mill for the Wabash Capital Improvement Fund and 0.10 mill for the Street Light Fund.
* Motion to approve the permanent transfer of Frank Morris to the Meter Reader position.
* Motion to approve the permanent transfers of George Herring to Street Department Work Leader, Aaron Coggiano to Street Maintenance/Sweeper Operator and Jeff Hartz to Water Distribution Worker provided they successfully complete the trial period.
C. NEIGHBORHOODS, DOWNTOWN & HISTORIC DISTRICT:
Jay Hollenbach Jr.– Chairperson
* (See minutes from the HARC meeting held on November 1, 2021.)
* Motion to adopt a Fee Schedule Resolution revising the Rental Property Inspection fees. (See attached resolution.)
- MAYOR’S REPORT:
Mayor Nathan Gerace
- ANYONE FROM THE FLOOR WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL?
- BOROUGH SOLICITOR: ANTHONY ODORIZZI
- FIRE CHIEF
- CODE ENFORCEMENT AND ZONING OFFICER
- CHIEF OF POLICE
- TAX COLLECTOR
- BOARD OF HEALTH
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- BILLS AND CLAIMS
- NEW BUSINESS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Optional)
(2021 – 2ND WEEK)