TAMAQUA BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING OF TUESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2021 AT 7:00 P.M.
- MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- READING OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON NOVEMBER 16, 2021.
- BOROUGH MANAGER: KEVIN A. STEIGERWALT
* Resolution for Price Adjustment of Bituminous Materials
* Resolution for Demolition of 35-37 North Railroad Street
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: ANN MARIE CALABRESE
* CRIZ Press Release
* Christmas Decoration Press Release
* DEP Grants 101 Webinar
- CHIEF OF POLICE: MICHAEL HOBBS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- A. PUBLIC SAFETY:
Brian Connely - Chairperson
* Motion to retain Andrew Seip as a full-time Patrolman effective immediately.
* Motion to approve a Memorandum of Agreement allowing 12-hour shifts for the Police Department on a temporary basis.
B. FINANCE, WAGE & SALARY:
Ron Bowman – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to hire Tyson Nalesnik as a full-time Chief Mechanic effective on or before January 3, 2022.
* Motion to approve a Collective Bargaining Agreement for UAW employees for the period of January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2025.
* Motion to adopt the 2022 Budget
* Motion to adopt the 2022 Tax Ordinance setting the real estate tax rate at 23.50 mills with 21.90 mills f for General Purposes, 1 mill for the Building and Equipment Fund, 0.50 mill for the Wabash Improvement Fund and 0.10 mill for the Street Light Fund.
C. NEIGHBORHOODS, DOWNTOWN & HISTORIC DISTRICT:
Jay Hollenbach Jr.– Chairperson
* (See minutes from the HARC meeting held on December 6, 2021.)
- MAYOR’S REPORT:
Mayor Nathan Gerace
- ANYONE FROM THE FLOOR WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL?
- BOROUGH SOLICITOR: ANTHONY ODORIZZI
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
* Motion to approve the Schedule of Regular Meetings for 2022.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Optional)
* Motion to hold an executive session for real estate and personnel matters.