TAMAQUA BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING OF TUESDAY, APRIL 19, 2022 AT 7:00 P.M.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
READING OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MARCH 15, 2022.
BOROUGH MANAGER: KEVIN A. STEIGERWALT
CHIEF OF POLICE: MICHAEL HOBBS
A. PARKING & TRAFFIC:
Kathy Kunkel – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to approve a handicapped parking space application for 324 Hazle Street.
* Motion to prepare and advertise an ordinance prohibiting parking on South Street between Coal Street and Bowe Street.
* Motion to prepare and advertise an ordinance prohibiting parking on Glenwood Avenue between Market Street and Clark Street.
B. FINANCE, WAGE & SALARY:
Ron Bowman – Chairperson
Jay Hollenbach Jr.
* Motion to advertise for bids for the sale of tax parcel #65-15-0061.000 along West Cottage Avenue.
* Motion to advertise for part-time maintenance workers at a pay rate of $12.50 per hour.
* Motion to appoint Austin Fogel to the Water Treatment Plant Work Leader position effective immediately.
* Motion to approve the permanent transfer of Aaron Coggiano to the Water Treatment Plant Operator position.
* Motion to approve the permanent transfer of Todd Macalush to the Wastewater Treatment Plant Work Leader position.
* Motion to retain Tyson Nalesnik as a full-time Chief Mechanic effective May 3 provided he successfully completes the probation period.
* Motion to advertise for a part-time utility clerk and a water treatment plant operator.
C. NEIGHBORHOODS, DOWNTOWN & HISTORIC DISTRICT:
Jay Hollenbach Jr.– Chairperson
* (See minutes from the HARC meeting held on April 4, 2022.
D. RECREATION & YOUTH:
Mary Linkevich – Chairperson
* Motion to hire Emma Coccio as assistant pool manager at a pay rate of $15.00 per hour.
* Motion to hire Tori Seiger as pool clerk at a pay rate of $9.00 per hour plus $0.25 per hour for each year of service.
* Motion to hire Nicole Aguero-Ramierz as head lifeguard at a pay rate of $11.00 per hour and $12.00 per hour when acting as pool manager
* Motion to hire Emily Breslin, MaKayla Kester, Emily Newton, Alex Porambo, Josie Shickram and Brynn Gigli as lifeguards at a pay rate of $10.00 per hour plus $0.25 per hour for each year of service.
* Willing Park Eagle Scout Project
Mayor Nathan Gerace
ANYONE FROM THE FLOOR WISHING TO ADDRESS COUNCIL?
BOROUGH SOLICITOR: ANTHONY ODORIZZI
CODE ENFORCEMENT AND ZONING OFFICER
CHIEF OF POLICE
BOARD OF HEALTH
BILLS AND CLAIMS
* Motion to authorize the borough solicitor and borough zoning and code officials to work with other municipalities on required revisions and any desired revisions to the Eastern Schuylkill Regional Planning Zoning Ordinance.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (Optional)
* Motion to hold an executive session for legal and personnel matters.
* Motion to approve and adopt a resolution amending the Tamaqua Police Department's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) emergency firearms policy to include Red Dot Site equipment.
(2022 – 2ND WEEK)